Thursday, January 26, 2012

I know what you did last quarter -- Jon Stewart's piece on Romney's tax returns

I know what you did last quarter - Jon Stewart





So I'm not able to have a working video in my post, due to the fact that it's on the daily show's website, and not youtube. Anyways, Jon Stewart does another brilliant piece showing once again, this comedian-political-satirist has better journalistic qualities than any of our mainstream media.

The video shows that while Romney is indeed following the laws that allow him to pay the same tax rate as the guy who "scans his shoes" at the airport, he was also a big part of hiring lobbyists back in 2007 to influence those laws. The event triggering the lobbyists was a bill that raised the tax rate for those venture capitalists, like Romney, to about 35%.

Now, as this is my blog, I feel it is my duty to give you my indisputable opinion. (end sarcasm). A 35% tax rate on the men and women of our country who have the capital will not help our economy whatsoever. Raising taxes is not the answer, here. However, people like Romney advocate that one of the biggest problems is that our capital gains tax is too high, and that 47% of our citizens pay no income tax. He's got it half right. Capital gains is too high. But you can't lower Capital Gains to help out our investors without lowering the tax burden on the middle class as well. 47% don't pay income tax, and I say we're half way there. Lower tax rates across the board! We know how to spend our money better than our half-witted, bloated Government.

No comments:

Post a Comment